12 November 2012

[talk: Pacific Academy '92. Oh Yeah Baby.]

Well.  If you read my post on my NDSS Grad Reunion , you'll know how I feel about connecting with people from my past.  I love it ... now - ok - within reason, I guess *laughing* ... but you know what I mean.  

It all started with a few posts that I had made on Facebook about the NDSS Reunion, and when I said things like, "I can't WAIT for the reunion" - I had my Pacific Academy alumni say - "WHEN???"

Well, literally within just a couple of FB messages - we had an evening booked, and we went to town over the last few weeks to get the word out there ... we were going to make this happen.

So, this past Saturday night, one of my classmates opened up her and her husband's home to our grad class.  It was perfect ... we were a small graduating class, with 48 students.  And this evening had about 15 of us (give or take a couple), a few spouses and honestly - it was just a really great evening. 




Some, I hadn't seen since the 10year reunion ... others, I hadn't seen since graduation.  It was really, really surreal.  But the truth is - because of FB - I felt like no time had passed.  That's what happens, I guess.  The friends of your youth, are always friends.


 


There were stories being laughed about, reminisced about ... one in particular about an incident I had COMPLETELY forgotten about, about my stolen watch.  Yee gads.  Honestly - the story I heard made my head spin ... I'm thankful for time and for all of us being adults now *grin*.  





We talked about what it would be like to be gradding today ... with cyber-bullying and all the things that teens face today.  Truly, I am so thankful to be where I am at life.  I think that we grew up in a time that was much safer ... and now as adults, we can look back at the "drama" and realize - it really wasn't all that bad *laughing*.





Everyone had led different paths ... some were teachers, plumbers, salesmen, homemakers, surgeons and photographers *wink* ... and yet, in this room - we had so much in common.  So many memories ... 

It's funny ... like the last reunion, I wasn't sure how'd I'd fit in here.  I mean - I came in Gr10 ... but I learned on Saturday night that HALF the class arrived in Gr10.  PA went from one grade ten class to two ... ooooeee.  Big times.

And.  I felt much less like an intruder *grin*.



People rotated between people and stories ... I had a chance to talk to people who I wasn't even super close with in highschool - and it was just so great.  So everyone just stood around, nibbled at the pot-luck-appies that we all brought (I brought tiger butter and chicken drumettes ... click for those recipes *wink*)



Vicky had brought a few of her annuals ... my WORD.  Some of those photos were just too much ... and brought a few laughs.









And this guy?  (hey Adam!) Yeah, his reunion's next year ... he married into our group *grin*.  Ok - to be fair, so did Paul and Christine ... but I like to pick on Adam.  It's more fun *wink*.


And photographer extraordinaire and classmate, Cassandra of Cassandra Hamilton Photography was there capturing with her *cough* Cannon *grin*.   So thankful she did ... 



Here are just a couple of her lovely shots ... I won't steal them all - just the one's with me in them *GRIN* ... 




So - Class of '92 ... twenty years is a scary thing ... to think that in another 20, we'll all be approaching 60 (good LORD) is even scarier.  This life that we've been given is such a gift - my prayer is that each one, each home, would be so blessed ... much love to you all.  (photo from CHP's camera ... )


Have a great one!

No comments: