09 September 2010

[Katia: A Ladybug Birthday]

A year ago I was DONE.  And after a brief visit to my doctor, he agreed ... and off to the hospital I went.  After a short but intense delivery, we had our final member of our family:  Katia Rose.

It's hard to believe that a year has rolled by, and yet it seems like she's been with us forever.  And when it came to planning a birthday party, I felt a bit overwhelmed and unsure of how it would all pan out ... 

Of course, it all started with a ladybug theme.  Poor little thing - I hope she doesn't mind all the ladybugs in her life *grin* ...   Black, red, white, pink, polka dots.  Yup.  And I made little "antennae" for each child out of a headband, pipe cleaners and spray-painted Styrofoam balls.  They were placed at the door ...



My sis-in-law did the balloons ... her and her hubby's store is Party On.  You should really check it out ... tell her I sent you *grin*.  

The food ... well - we prepared BBQ'd chicken, halved baked potatoes, corn on the cob, pasta salad, broccoli salad and a green salad.  There were veggie chips and hotdogs for the kiddies too ... 




And the star of the show ... at least for that night, was dear little Katia Rose.  I found the sweetest little outfit for her ... she looked so grown up.  And a little bit like a ladybug *grin* ... special thanks to my cousin, Jamie, for her ladybug barrettes.  She has a store - you should check that out too ...


And we all tried to get our pics with her ...




Even I managed to get a couple of pics with her ...



Our immediate family came (we so missed my parents, but they had left for their "Trip Of a Lifetime" already ...) and our close friends who had a child the same age as Katia - or close to.   It was a great group - I love seeing people I love with other people I love ... 



For dessert ... candies.   Ladybug cookies.  And the "Ladybug Birthday Cake".  You saw that already.




Of course, there was a rip-roaring rendition of "Happy Birthday" and then Katia proceeded to double-fist her cake straight into her mouth ...







She opened so many beautiful gifts ... including a special card made by Mattias.




And after an evening of celebrating, we handed out "favours" to each person.  What was it filled with?  Black and red Jelly Bellies, of course *grin*.  Again - HUGE thanks to my sis-in-law at Party On for that ... did you know that she does this service for FREE?  Brilliant.  One less thing to do!!


So.  I'm pooped.  Not just from reliving this whole thing, but from having to post a bazillion pics *laughing*.  Mom, Dad - this one's for you!!

Have a great one!

1 comment:

figandfennel said...

LOVE her birthday outfit. So cute!